- This course is designed to equip you with comprehensive knowledge and critical awareness of the contemporary financial principles, theories, and products appropriate for diverse careers as professional financiers in both the private or public sectors, or further study. It will also help you develop as ethically minded learners with a deep understanding of the economic, social and commercial impact of financial decisions within an international context. You will become autonomous students with key competencies that will be of value in employment and self-employment including teamwork, numeracy, literacy, time management, digital fluency and oral communication.
Main Study Themes
Research, professional and employability skills
Mathsand Quantitative Techniques
By design, this course is a specialist, vocationally orientated course that seeks to educate and prepare students for a range of careers within the Finance professions. However, the nature of finance and its relevance to any and all organisations means graduates will also be in a position to explore other business careers, public sector jobs or pursue their own entrepreneurial ventures. The purpose of the BSc in Finance at Coventry Business School is to provide students with the opportunity to investigate the complexities and challenges facing today’s world financial markets and explore synergies between financial theory and practice. The course enables students to examine in depth, critical issues in finance, which are relevant at all times, but are of particular interest at a time of turbulence in the global financial markets.
- *Mandatory for work placement students – Subject to CUB TKH capabilities to provide local work placement
- Project Module
- Portfolio Management
- Investment and Risk Analysis
- Sustainable Finance
- Students can choose 1 module from the below:
- Applied Econometrics
- Corporate Financial Management
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Insurance and Pensions
- International Finance