Interested in why people think, feel, and behave the way they do? This course takes a scientific approach to understand the human mind.
With TKH psychology university in Egypt, we aim to provide a comprehensive grounding in the major psychological approaches to the study of human behavior.
Coventry University is Ranked 16th for Psychology in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2020.
Main Study Themes
How our thoughts, feelings and behaviours are underpinned by biological processes occurring in the brain, such as neurotransmission, the passing of messages between neurons and the functions of neurons, such the functions of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin or dopamine.
The mental processes and representations that underpin perception, memory and complex thought.
How abilities and behaviours emerge, develop and change over the lifespan.
How key psychological traits, like extraversion and introversion, neuroticism or conscientiousness, skills and abilities vary from person to person, and how different traits combine to shape our personalities.
How humans interact and seek to influence and understand one another’s behaviour
Conceptual and Historical Issues in Psychology
How psychology emerged and developed as a field of scientific inquiry.
Covering psychological theory, research and practical skills, it aims to help you understand how psychology is applied to real life and how to select, use and report appropriate psychological methods and research techniques.
The Guardian University Guide 2020 ranks Coventry as one of the top 20 psychology departments in the UK for graduate employability.
Foundation year - Level 3
- Introduction to Counselling, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Global Perspectives on Psychology and Behavioural Sciences
- Smart Phone Apps From Concept to Design and Market
- Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology
- Foundation Academic English Skills 1
- Foundation Academic English Skills 2
- Foundation Academic English Skills 3
- Mathematics Foundation for Psychology
Year 1 - Level 4
- Developing as a Psychologist (1)
- Human Behaviour
- The Darker Side of Psychology
- Psychology of Popular Culture
- Psychology of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Research into Human Behaviour
Year 2 - Level 5
- Developing as a Psychologist (2)
- Psychological Perspectives (1)
- Applied Research Methods in Psychology (1)
- Enhancement Year Study Abroad
- Psychological Perspectives (2)
- Enhancement Year Work Experience
- Applied Research Methods in Psychology (2)
- Professional Experience
Year 3 - Level 6
- Developing as a Psychologist (3)
- Project Ethics
- Independent Research Project
- Educational Psychology and Psychology of Special Needs
- Drug Use and Addiction
- Criminal Behaviour and its Contexts
- Clinical Neuroscience
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Psychology of Gender and Sexuality