BBA Business Administration
For an opportunity for you to develop an all-round business skillset try a Business Administration degree; with a focus on the application of theory to real business situations, this course reflects contemporary business thought and practice.
If you have a passion for business and an aptitude for organization and management, this degree can help to prepare you for a wide range of roles in the local, national or international business environment. It focuses on developing a solid grounding in core business and enables flexibility for specialism in key areas, with the chance to study optional modules after your first year in topics such as accounting, marketing or international finance.
Main Study Themes
Markets for resources, goods and services, including considerations of customers, customer expectations, service and market orientation.
Business policy and strategy
The development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests.
The sources, uses and management of finance, as well as the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications.
The management and development of people within organisations.
The management of resources and operations.
This course reflects business thought and practice with an emphasis, where appropriate, on the application of theory to real business situations, challenges and issues.
Case studies will be used to help you develop an in-depth understanding of how the different parts of an organisation support one another. Past students have, for example, considered the project management issues involved with festivals like Glastonbury, the ethical concerns in the supply chains of cut flowers and the challenges of managing mega-events, such as the Olympic Games.
Our aim is to support you in completing a business degree qualification that equips you for careers in local, national or international markets, encouraging you to go beyond an understanding of management theories and to be able to apply them confidently to real life situations. We strive to create a study environment which will encourage you to build up your awareness of the dynamic business environment and how current events impact this, with real life case studies and current events analysed in seminars and used to explore the challenges of putting theory into practice.
Foundation year - Level 3
- Foundation Academic English Skills 1
- Foundation Academic English Skills 2
- Foundation Academic English Skills 3
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Business Management
Year 1 - Level 4
- Continuing Professional Development 1
- Introduction to Business Administration
- The Economic Environment of Business
- Marketing Essentials
- Managing People
- Business Analytics
- Add+Vantage Stage 1: Global Employability, understand the skills employers expect
Year 2 - Level 5
- Continuing Professional Development 2
- Buyer Behaviour
- Exploring Business Strategy
- Managing Human Resources
- Leadership in Action
- Add+Vantage Stage 2: Professional Communication Skills for the Int Workplace
Year 3 - Level 6
- Continuing Professional Development 3
- Project Management
- Business in Practice Project
- Contemporary Business Strategy
- Critical Issues in Globalisation
- Marketing Psychology
- Managing Change
- International Finance
- Advanced Accounting for Business
- Add+Vantage Stage 3: Understanding International Business