“The ultimate goal of Environmental Engineering is to provide solutions for economic and social activities aligned with the sustainable development”
The Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Programme by NOVA School of Science and Technology has been a pioneer for over 40 years, combining basic engineering skills (mathematics and computing) with natural sciences (such as physics, chemistry, biology and ecology) and social sciences, integrating technological, ecological, economic, and social issues.
This Undergraduate Programme will help identify, implement, and manage innovative solutions for environmental sustainability. The focus is on holistic training and systemic thinking, analytical skills, innovation, and collaborative models. The goal of Environmental Engineering is to provide solutions for economic and social activities aligned with the sustainable development.
Main Study Themes
The interdisciplinary nature of the Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering offers its graduates a unique profile for working on multiple interfaces, particularly useful for dealing with complex systems, and for exploring job opportunities in a wide range of professional contexts.
The current high level and quality of employability of Environmental Engineering professionals, in the global market, will expand in view of the ecological transition that economies are starting to adopt. Professional opportunities in many fields include consulting, auditing or service and utilities companies, industry, public organizations such as municipalities or regional government, international organizations.
Students applying for September, 2022 are eligible for 2000€ off their tuitions fees, per year, throughout their journey at Nova University at TKH
Because we absolutely believe that NOVA Cairo’s first graduates will shake up the Egyptian market, we are proud to announce a special scholarship for these destined market leaders!
Every applicant accepted to join NOVA Cairo’s first class of students will be eligible for €2000 off tuition fees for the full duration of their studies.
BSc in Environmental Engineering Structure
- Advanced Topics in Mathematics;
- Technical English;
- The Portuguese Experience (two modules)
- Introduction to Project Development
- Informatics for Science and Engineering I
- Mathematical Analysis III
- Climate and Climate Change
- General Ecology
- Environmental Data Analysis
- Society, Sustainability and Digital Transformation
- Aquatic Monitoring and Basics of Environmental Chemistry
- Aquatic Ecology
- General Hydraulics
- Processes in Industry and Energy
- Socio-Environmental Analysis and Methods
- Creative Project I
- Unrestricted Elective A
- Water Pollution
- Modelling Environmental Systems
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Health
- Integrated Waste Management
- Air Quality and Noise Management
- Sustainable Cities
- Urban Water Supply Systems
- Urban Wastewater Systems
- Sustainable Planning
- Soil Science and Soil Pollution
- Environmental Economics
- Creative Project II
- Opportunities Program Optional
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Programme
- Optional Undergraduate Professional Opportunity Programme