“Assess the risk that an event will occur and help decision makers develop policies to reduce, manage or transfer that risk”
The Applied Mathematics to Risk Management Undergraduate Programme differs from other academic offerings, due to its architecture in accordance with internationally recognized requirements for professionals in risk analysis.
This Undergraduate Programme will provide the necessary methods to assist risk-related companies, such as banking insurance, pension funds and finance, increasingly in need of professionals with the ability to apply mathematical, statistical, and actuarial methods to identify, quantify, and manage inherent risks.
Main Study Themes
The employability associated with the Mathematics and Applied Mathematics programmes is around 100%. Among the more than a thousand graduates of the Department of Mathematics at NOVA School of Science and Technology, the number of unemployed alumni is residuary, attesting to our capacity to form students with recognized competence and knowledge in the business environment and at the level of public institutions.
Graduates of the Applied Mathematics to Risk Management Undergraduate Programme acquire the required proficiencies to pursue studies at the level of the 2nd cycle and or to their employment in areas related to banking, insurance, social security, pension funds, finance and economics.
Students applying for September, 2022 are eligible for 2000€ off their tuitions fees, per year, throughout their journey at Nova University at TKH
Because we absolutely believe that NOVA Cairo’s first graduates will shake up the Egyptian market, we are proud to announce a special scholarship for these destined market leaders!
Every applicant accepted to join NOVA Cairo’s first class of students will be eligible for €2000 off tuition fees for the full duration of their studies.
BSc Applied Mathematics to Risk Management Structure
- Advanced Topics in Mathematics;
- Technical English;
- The Portuguese Experience (two modules)
- Introduction to Project Development
- Chemistry (in the first semester)
- Physics (in the second semester)
- Mathematical Analysis III B
- Algebra I
- Probability and Statistics II
- Numerical Analysis I
- Mathematical Analysis IV B
- Applied Statistics
- Financial Calculus
- Linear Optimization
- Society, Sustainability and Digital Transformation
- Multivariate Models
- Actuarial Statistics
- Introduction to Operational Research
- Measure, Integration and Probability
- Stochastic Processes and Applications
- Numerical Analysis II
- Simulation Techniques in Risk Management
- Statistics and Information Systems
- Financial Mathematics
- Unrestricted Elective A
- Opportunities Program Optional
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Programme
- Optional Undergraduate Professional Opportunity Programme